Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Sesame Chicken
Sticky and crispy Easy Sesame Chicken made fast and simple, with the most delicious sweet and savory sesame chicken sauce. Only 30 minutes to make!
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt & pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
Sesame Chicken Sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp sesame oil optional
- 1 clove garlic optional, minced
For Serving – Optional
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- green onions
Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
Add egg, salt and pepper. Mix well and marinate for 10-15 minutes. Coat the marinated cubed chicken pieces with cornstarch.
In a medium-sized saucepan heat the oil to 350˚F. Deep fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes until they turn golden brown.
Remove and drain oil. Place the fried chicken on a plate with a paper towel.
Make the sesame chicken sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, sugar, cornstarch, garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Add the mixture to the frying pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick.
Mix in the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately with steamed rice, and sprinkle with more sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Cut your chicken into 1-inch small cubes, allowing for quicker cooking and a crispier coating.
- It’s important to make sure the oil in your pan is very hot before adding chicken pieces. It will help the coating to stick on the chicken and result in tender but crisp texture. Use a large pan to avoid over-crowding. Cook in two batches if needed.
- For healthier fried option, use ½ cup vegetable oil instead of 2 cups.
- For oven baked option: Preheat oven to 375°F. Sear the chicken for about 3 minutes or until browned each side. Transfer them in a greased baking dish, pour the sauce over chicken evenly and bake for about 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Calories: 728.89kcal | Carbohydrates: 73.1g | Protein: 26.25g | Fat: 35.79g | Saturated Fat: 15.13g | Cholesterol: 163.86mg | Sodium: 644.08mg | Potassium: 354.74mg | Fiber: 1.49g | Sugar: 9.41g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 0.23mg | Calcium: 84.27mg | Iron: 2.45mg