Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork
This Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork is the easiest and fastest way to make delicious barbecue pulled pork sandwiches. Instead of smoking or slow cooking all day, this recipe comes together in under 2 hours and is full of the smokey, sweet and savory flavors we all love.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 lbs pork shoulder boneless or bone-in
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced thin, or 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed, or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika or smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Serving - optional
- 12 hamburger buns
- cole slaw
Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. Wait a moment until hot and add the oil and pork.
Brown the pork for 4-5 minutes, turning from time to time.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté one minute more.
Add the broth, BBQ sauce and paprika. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Cover and lock the lid. Turn the setting to Pressure Cook with a timer of 75 minutes.
When the time is up, let the Instant Pot do a natural release of pressure.
When finished, open the lid and press Sauté.
Let the juices simmer for 15 minutes until reduced slightly.
Shred with two forks or meat shredding claws. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with optional hamburger buns, cole slaw and pickles. Enjoy!
- You can also substitute pork tenderloin for pork shoulder, although it may be less flavorful.
- If you are using a different size piece of pork, you can adjust the other ingredient amounts proportionately.
- A 6-quart Instant Pot is ideal, but any 4-8 quart pressure cooker will work too.
- If you wish to separate out some of the fat after cooking, you can skim with a spoon or pour the liquid into a fat separator.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2.6mg