Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
This Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken is a delicious stir-fry with tender chicken in a delicious sticky honey garlic sauce. It’s a quick and easy option for busy weeknight dinners and comes together in just 15 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed, or chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper or carrots sliced into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
Place a large skillet on high heat. Once hot, add in the oil followed by the cubed chicken.
Stir slowly using a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown (the chicken does not need to be cooked through yet)
Reduce heat to medium-high and add the garlic, bell pepper and broccoli.
Stir for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are just starting to soften.
Stir in the honey, vinegar, soy sauce and water, then finally the cornstarch-water mixture.
Stir for one more minute until the sauce has thickened and is sticking to the chicken. Serve and enjoy!
- The key to these tender, juicy and flavorful chicken is not to overcook them. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and they'll cook quickly and evenly.
- Use chicken thighs if possible as they have more flavor and are moister.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 788mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 82.9mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.5mg