Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
Shrimp Fajitas that’s easy to make in just 15 minutes – sizzling, caramelized shrimp cooked with seared bell peppers and onions in flavorful fajita seasonings.
Servings: 6 servings
Shrimp and Veggie
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined, thawed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 mixed bell peppers seeded and sliced (see note)
- 8 flour tortillas 8-inch size
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro chopped
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp and half of the fajita seasoning together. Set aside.
Place a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil, onion, bell peppers and remaining fajita seasoning.
Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions have wilted and the bell peppers are tender.
Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté for 2-3 more minutes until cooked.
While the shrimp are cooking, place a second skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan for 30 seconds to heat and then remove to a serving plate. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
Serve shrimp mixture in tortillas with optional salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy!
- You can use larger or smaller shrimp for this recipe, just increase or decrease the shrimp cooking time accordingly.
- Make sure to thaw your shrimp before cooking, otherwise, they will come out chewy.
- Coat the shrimp with Fajita Seasoning and then cook in oil. This will create more flavor than adding shrimp directly to the pan.
- Heat the pan until it’s hot before adding shrimp.
- Don’t over-crowd the pan with too many shrimp. Cook the shrimp in batches if need to.
- Remove shrimp as soon as they turn pink and opaque. Overcooking will make them rubbery. A minute or two on each side in a hot pan is enough.
- Make it Healthier: serve with whole wheat tortillas.
- Make it Low Carb:serve it on lettuce with avocado.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1300mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1410IU | Vitamin C: 57.4mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 4.1mg