Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Pita Pizza (with Video)
Pita pizza is a fabulous light lunch or appetizer made with pita bread, cheese and your favorite toppings. This pita bread pizza recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients in less than 20 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 pita breads 8-inch size, white or whole wheat
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp olives chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic powder and olive oil until blended.
Place pita rounds on baking sheet and brush lightly with the lemon-oil mix.
In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, tomatoes and olives. Add lemon-oil mix and blend until coated.
Place spinach mixture evenly onto pita rounds.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!
- If you can’t find pita breads, you can also use flat bread or Indian naan bread.
- If you prefer crispy crust, pull each pita bread apart into two thin halves.
- For healthy eating, consider using whole wheat pita bread, low-fat cheese and low sodium sauce.
- Use a thin layer of sauce to avoid making the pitas soggy.
- For a spicy option, sprinkle red pepper flakes on before the cheese.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 820mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1850IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 2mg