Add to Collection
Go to Collections
These Piñata Cupcakes have hidden red, white and blue M&Ms in the middle of a funfetti cupcake with sprinkles on top.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 15 oz box white cake mix funfetti recommended
- oil as called for on cake mix box
- eggs as called for on cake mix box
- 4 oz M&M candy
- 6 oz white decorating icing
- 1/4 cup sprinkles round red, white and blue recommended
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees or the temperature specified for the cake mix. Place paper cupcake liners into a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, make the cake batter by mixing the cake mix with the water, oil and eggs as specified on the package instructions.
Pour the batter into cupcake liners until about 2/3 full (to allow room for expansion). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Using a sharp knife, cut out a 1-inch cube from the top of each cupcake. Stuff 3-4 M&Ms into each hole to fill.
Slice the top off each cube and place on top of the M&Ms to cover.
Spread the icing on top of each cupcake using a spatula. Then add sprinkles to serve.
- Make ahead: You can make these one day ahead of time and store in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg