Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Mini Shrimp Tostadas
These Mini Shrimp Tostadas are delicious bite-size appetizers featuring shrimp and guacamole with a slightly spicy kick.
Servings: 24 pieces
- 1 lb medium shrimp raw peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or cayenne (see note)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup guacamole or 3 avocados mashed
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 24 tortilla chips large rounds
- 1 cup queso fresco crumbled, or feta
- cilantro optional garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, cumin powder, paprika and salt. Toss until coated.
Place the seasoned shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet space one inch apart. Bake for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together guacamole/avocado with the lime juice and cilantro.
Place the chips on a work surface. Spread a spoonful of the avocado mixture onto each to cover. Then add one shrimp to each with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
- You can adjust the heat by using more or less chili powder. To make this non-spicy, omit it entirely.
- These tostadas are best served within 15 minutes of preparing to avoid the guacamole discoloring.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.2mg