Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Fruity Watermelon Jello Shots (with Video)
These Fruity Watermelon Jello Shots are bursting with delicious fruity flavors with a beautiful presentation that's perfect for a party! Fresh fruits are molded in jello inside a half watermelon with your favorite rum or vodka.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 medium-large watermelon
- 1 cup mango chunks 1 large mango
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 1 cup melon chunks cantaloupe or honeydew, sliced
- 1/2 cup rum or vodka, optional
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder 3/4 ounce, I used Knox
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
Slice watermelon in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. You'll only need one half for this recipe.
Cut ¼-inch off bottom of one half for balance if needed.
Scoop out watermelon flesh from one half and set aside.
Put fruits in a bowl and mix together. Add to watermelon half along with optional rum/liquor.
In a medium bowl, add cold water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Then add boiling water and whisk slowly for two minutes until dissolved.
Pour gelatin water into the watermelon until it almost reaches the top. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours to set fully.
With a sharp knife, slice watermelon lengthwise and then into 1-inch wedges. Serve and enjoy!
- Avoid using kiwi or pineapple, which will interfere with the jello formation.
- The jello requires 5 hours of chilling time to firm up, so it's usually best to make this a day ahead. As long as your fruits are fresh and firm, these jello shots will last up to 2 days in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 31.4mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg