Deep Fried Hot Dogs
These Deep Fried Hot Dogs are battered and covered with french fries before being deep fried to crispy perfection. Enjoy a hot dog and fries in every single bite!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4-6 hot dogs see note
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb frozen straight-cut french fries optional
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Skewer each hot dog lengthwise and reserve.
Arrange french fries in a variety of lengths on a plate.
In a medium bowl, mix together cornstarch, all-purpose flour, eggs and water.
Pour into a tall water glass and set aside.
Heat 3-4 inches of oil to 375°F (191°F) in a saucepan or deep fryer.
Holding on to the skewer, immerse a hot dog into the batter to coat. Remove and press fries onto batter until mostly covered.
Place into deep fryer for 2-3 minutes until golden. Then remove to a paper towel lined plate using a mesh strainer or slotted spoon.
Repeat for remaining hot dogs.
Serve with your favorite condiments for dipping.
- Standard size hot dogs recommended. To make bite size appetizers for a party, cut the hot dogs into pieces or use mini hot dogs with small skewers.
- You can use pancake mix to make the batter if you wish. Follow the package instructions.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.3mg