Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cheesy Pull Apart Christmas Tree
A festive appetizer to serve for a holiday party with amazing cheese pulls!
Servings: 16 servings
- 28 oz refrigerated pizza dough 2 cans or homemade pizza dough
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese cut into 1-inch cubes, or cheddar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh or dried
- 12 grape tomatoes halved, or cherry tomatoes
- pizza sauce or your favorite dipping sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
Place the pizza dough on a work surface. Stretch it out to roughly a 1/4-inch thickness. Then cut into about 32 three-inch squares.
Cut the cheese into 1-inch cubes. Place one cube on top of each dough square. Then pinch the edges of each square together tightly to form a ball.
Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheet in a Christmas tree formation: a straight line of 7 balls for the base followed by 6 balls, 5 balls etc. until you reach a single ball for the top. Use the remaining balls to make a stump and/or star.
Brush the balls with melted butter and sprinkle herbs on top. Then add the cherry tomatoes in between the balls.
Bake for 15-17 minutes following the package directions is using store-bought dough. If the tops start darkening, you can always cover with foil for the remaining time.
Remove from the oven and use the parchment to transfer the Christmas tree to a cheese board or other platter. Serve with optional dipping sauce.
- Recipe yield: 16 servings (2 pieces per serving)
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 1mg