Heart Shaped Cupcakes (with Video)
These Heart Shaped Cupcakes are moist and delicious with a beautiful presentation. They're easy to make for birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, weddings and other celebrations!
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 15 oz white cake mix or chocolate cake mix (1 box)
- oil called for on cake mix box
- eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring
- nonpareil sprinkles optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into a 12-cup muffin tin.
Scrunch pieces of aluminum foil into twelve 3/4 inch balls, and slip one between each paper cup and the tin to make a heart shape.
Make cake batter as directed on box. Then fill each cup half full (no more than that).
Bake 15-17 minutes according to the box instructions or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
In large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add several drops of food color to make desired shade of pink.
Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes using a knife or small spatula. Top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
- Make Ahead: You can make these cupcakes up to 1 day ahead of time and store in the fridge in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg