Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tortilla Apple Pie Cups (with Video)
These Tortilla Apple Pie Cups will make your mouth water with a crispy flour tortilla shell and homemade apple pie filling.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 flour tortillas TortillaLand® recommended
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp cinnamon sugar store-bought or homemade (see note)
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar store-bought or homemade (see note)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- whipped cream optional
- caramel sauce optional
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Set aside a standard muffin pan.
Place 3 tortillas on a work surface. Brush each side with melted butter and dust with cinnamon sugar. Stack them and then cut into quarters.
Place two pieces in each muffin cup so there's about 50% overlap.
Bake 8-10 min until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, you can make the filling.
Mix the chopped apples with lemon juice and cinnamon sugar. Place frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter and sauté the apple mixture 3-5 minutes until soft.
Remove cups from the oven and cool slightly. Spoon the apple filling so each cup is 3/4 full. Top with optional whipped cream and caramel sauce before serving.
- Cinnamon Sugar: To make your own, combine 2 tablespoons of white sugar with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Make Ahead: You can make the shells up to one day ahead and store at room temperature in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. When it's time to serve, spoon in the filling.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg