Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Deviled Eggs With Bacon (Video)
Deviled Eggs with Bacon are a fancy party appetizer that's perfect for holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day. Also a favorite for Game Day get-togethers and potlucks. You only need 20 minutes to make them, and they're always a hit. Plus video tutorial!
Servings: 24 servings
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp mustard or mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika optional (for serving)
Hard boil the eggs by placing in a large pot of water and bringing to a boil for 8 minutes. Cook your bacon during this time if needed.
Drain the boiled eggs and cool in ice water for easy peeling.
On a work surface, peel the eggs by cracking gently and using your fingers to remove the shells.
Slice the peeled eggs in half lengthwise using a sharp paring knife.
Using a small spoon, remove yolks and add to a medium bowl.
Mash yolks with a fork, and add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and sugar, mixing until combined.
Mix in the crumbled bacon and optional jalapeño peppers.
Spoon the yolk mixture in a large ziptop bag.
Cut a 1/4 inch hole in the corner of the bag. Gently squeeze the bag to fill the white halves.
Sprinkle with optional paprika. Serve and enjoy!
- Plan on 2-3 pieces per person. So with a dozen eggs, you'll get 24 pieces or enough for 8-12 people.
- For a lighter variation, use light mayonnaise and low-sodium bacon.
- You can use 1 tbsp of prepared horseradish if you don't have jalapeno.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg