Add to Collection
Go to Collections
An irresistible 3-layer treat made with cookie dough, Oreo cookies and brownies.
Servings: 16 servings
Cookie Dough Layer
- 16 oz refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or make homemade
- 1 18-oz box brownie mix plus ingredients called for on the box, OR the following homemade brownie recipe instead
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Oreo Cookie Layer
- 16 Oreo cookies about 6-oz *
Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan** with parchment paper and set aside.
Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan using your fingertips. You want an even layer that's about 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick.
Arrange the Oreo cookies in a single layer of 4x4 on top of the cookie dough. It's fine if there's some wiggle room between the Oreos.
Make the brownie batter in a medium bowl according to the package directions (Note: you will only need HALF of the 18-oz box and ingredients called for on the box - the remaining batter can make extra brownies or cupcakes). To make homemade batter, beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy. Then beat in the vanilla and eggs one-by-one. Then stir in the flour, cocoa and salt until combined.
Pour the brownie batter evenly across the Oreo cookies (it should be just enough to thinly cover the Oreos). Use a spatula to spread it out to fill the nooks and crannies as needed.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. (A shorter duration makes a wetter brownie while a longer duration produces a cakier texture.)
Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan for at least one hour. This is crucial to prevent the layers from deflating or collapsing.
Use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Serve with chocolate sauce or ice cream if desired.
- * Oreo flavors that work well include: Regular, Double Stuf, Chocolate Oreos, Red Velvet and even Golden Oreos. Avoid using exotic flavors like Mint or Lemon.
- ** A 9-inch square pan also works, although the Oreos don't fit in quite as nicely.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg