Cinnamon Roll Dessert Kabobs
Dessert kabobs made with cinnamon roll dough and fresh fruits on the grill or in the oven!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pint strawberries large size recommended
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 7 ounces refrigerated cinnamon rolls one can with icing
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar 4 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Preheat grill or oven to 375°F. If using the grill, set aside a 12x18-inch strip of aluminum foil. If using the oven, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
Thread the fruit pieces onto the bamboo skewers, alternating between strawberries and pineapple chunks, leaving a half-inch of space between each piece.
Open the cinnamon roll package. Take out the rolls and unravel into long strips.
Carefully wind one cinnamon roll strip around the fruit pieces on the skewer. Repeat for remaining skewers.
Place skewers on prepared baking sheet or foil. Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 15-17 minutes according to the package directions. The dough will be puffy and golden when ready.
Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes. Drizzle with optional icing before serving.
- Skewers: If using bamboo or wooden skewers, it's best to soak them in cold water for at least 15 minutes before use in order to minimize charring.
- Make Ahead: These kabobs do not store particularly well and are best consumed within an hour or two of cooking.
Serving: 1kabob | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg