Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Spaghetti Meatball Cups (with Video)
Baked Spaghetti and Meatball Cups are a flavorful bite-size appetizer that's fun to make and share, plus they're a fabulous way to use up leftover spaghetti. All you need is some pasta sauce, meatballs, parmesan cheese and an optional egg to hold them together. Easy to make ahead of time for a party. Plus video tutorial!
Servings: 12 Cups
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti pasta see note
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten - optional
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 12 cooked meatballs
- chopped basil leaves optional
Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C. Grease a nonstick muffin pan thoroughly with cooking spray and set aside.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package instructions, so it's firm to the bite.
Drain the spaghetti and toss with olive oil until evenly coated. (Optional: add beaten egg, which will help the nests hold together after baking.)
Chill for 15 minutes.
Add 1 cup parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated.
Grab a small handful of spaghetti and arrange into each muffin cup, pressing down to make a nest shape.
Spoon 1 tbsp pasta sauce onto each cup, and then add one meatball followed by another 1 tbsp pasta sauce. Repeat for remaining cups.
Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the tops of meatballs.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool slightly. (If you take them out while hot, they may collapse)
Garnish with optional chopped basil. Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can also use leftover spaghetti instead of dried. You'll need about 4 cups of cooked pasta for this recipe.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time. Simply store the cups in an airtight container and freeze for up to one month. To reheat, allow to thaw and microwave on 50% power for 3-5 minutes (depending on the number of cups).
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 193mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 0.8mg