Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
This chicken stir fry recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that's ready in 20 minutes! Cubed chicken breast is sauteed with vegetables and coated in a stir fry sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended (see note)
- 1-2 tbsp honey to taste
Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper or carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
Extra Seasoning - Optional
In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, broth and honey until dissolved. Reserve.
Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil and cubed chicken. (see note)
Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Then turn the pieces over and cook 2-3 minutes more.
Add the garlic and vegetables and stir fry for 3-5 minutes until just starting to soften.
Add soy sauce mixture to the pan. Cover and cook for one minute until reduced slightly.
Add the optional sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Then add the cornstarch-water mixture.
Stir for 30-60 seconds until the sauce has thickened enough to barely coat the chicken pieces.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice or noodles as desired.
- You can substitute cubed chicken thighs for chicken breasts.
- A quality low-sodium soy sauce such as San-J or Kikkoman is ideal. To make this dish gluten-free, use coconut aminos instead.
- Avoid crowding the pan to ensure the chicken browns properly. Fry in batches if needed.
Serving: 120g | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 692mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 80.9mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.3mg