Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cauliflower curry is loaded with tender cauliflower simmered with authentic spices and is cooked in one pot in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes about 14oz
- 1 can coconut milk about 14oz, use lighter version for less fat
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- steamed basmati rice, naan, and cilantro optional for serving
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
Add minced garlic and ginger cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and diced tomatoes. Combine them completely.
Add the coconut milk, bring to boil and let simmer for a few minutes.
Pour mixture into a blender and blend until well pureed and smooth.
Return the mixture to the pot. Add cauliflower and simmer for about 20 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Serve warm with cilantro over basmati rice or naan.
- The thickness of your curry soup is up to you. Add more coconut milk or water to thin it if you prefer.
- If you like chunky curry texture, you can skip the blending process.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2.6mg