Crockpot Pork Chops
These crockpot pork chops are fork tender.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 hrs
- 4 pork chops boneless or bone-in, about 1 1/2 lb (0.7 kg)
- 3 cloves garlic minced, or 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water (optional)
Optional: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and pork chops, and then fry 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
Remove pork chops to the crock pot.
Add garlic, soy sauce, honey and broth to the skillet. Swirl around to pick up any brown bits and juices and empty into the crock pot.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or until tender. Then remove pork chops to serving plates.
Optional Gravy: Turn temperature to High. Whisk the cornstarch-water mixture into to the crock pot. Boil for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
Top the pork chops with the gravy and serve with potatoes, rice or noodles.
There are several serving ideas for this dish:
- Thick pork chops are recommended.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes: Add baby potatoes to cook as a top layer to make crock pot pork chops and potatoes. Serve whole or make mashed potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Rice: Rice is perfect for soaking up delicious juices from the sauce. Cook it separately (here’s a quick microwave rice recipe) and serve as a side.
Serving: 150g | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 742mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.4mg