Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled Pork Chops
Tender and juicy grilled pork chops are easy to make with a few simple steps with no marinating required.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 pork chops boneless or bone-in, thick-cut recommended
- 1/3 cup soy sauce reduced sodium recommended
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder or dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper optional
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat or 450°F (232°C).
In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
Add the pork chops to the bowl and turn to coat completely. (Optional: Reserve at room temperature for 15-30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Remove the chops from the sauce and place on the grill. Discard the leftover sauce.
Place the pork chops on the grill.
Close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes (to get grill marks, see note). Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Move the chops to the upper rack to cook on indirect heat for 8-15 minutes longer (see note) until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F / 63°C.
Remove the chops to a plate and allow to rest covered with foil or a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- To get X- or diamond marks on the chops, use tongs to rotate 90 degrees after 90 seconds of grilling on each side.
- Cooking time depends on thickness, and I recommend using an instant-read meat thermometer to check doneness. Once the internal temperature reaches the 145°F / 63°C, remove from heat.
||Bone-in pork chops
||Boneless pork chops
|1 ¼ inch
|1 ½ inch
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 610mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.3mg