Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Balsamic vinaigrette is delicate and tangy with just a hint of sweetness. This homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe only takes 5 minutes to make and uses pantry ingredients like balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and Dijon mustard, garlic and optional honey.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar 4 tbsp
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey optional (see note)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic and optional honey.
Whisk until fully combined.
Then slowly add all the olive oil, whisking continuously for 30-60 seconds to create an emulsion.
Taste the vinaigrette and adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper as desired.
Use immediately or store in the fridge until serving (see note).
- Recipe yield is 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette, or enough for 8 servings of 2 tbsp each.
- If you don’t like raw garlic, you can smash the clove and let it steep in the vinegar for one minute. Then remove and discard before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- You won’t need the honey if you’re using a quality balsamic, which tends to be sweeter.
- Store in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow to warm slightly and then shake well before serving to re-emulsify.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.2mg