Holiday Stuffed Bell Peppers (with Video)
Stuffed Bell Peppers are an all-time favorite side dish with their bright colors and hearty flavors. Everyone always loves to dig into them as part of a holiday meal. This super-easy recipe only need 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 18-oz cans Progresso Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 large bell peppers any color
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar or jack
- fresh parsley minced for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan and set aside.
Slice off the tops of the bell peppers, and cut the flesh into ½ inch chunks.
Remove the seeds and pith from the inside. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the Progresso soup followed by bell pepper chunks, breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix to form a spoonable stuffing.
Spoon stuffing into each bell pepper to have a slight mound on top. Then arrange in the prepared pan.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese onto each pepper, and then bake for 30 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling.
Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Look for firm bell peppers with flat bottoms, so they’ll stand up during baking.
- If you have a convection oven with forced air, turn it on for faster and more even cooking. Note that larger peppers will take more baking time than smaller ones.
- For a lighter variation, look for part-skim mozzarella for the topping.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5395IU | Vitamin C: 209.5mg | Calcium: 295mg | Iron: 2.2mg