Easy Lemon Chicken
Easy Lemon Chicken is a quick throw together recipe in one pan with the most stunning 5-ingredient Lemon Chicken Sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 6 chicken thighs bone in or out, with or without skin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon slices and zest to garnish, optional
- Parsley chopped to garnish, optional
In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper. Then set aside.
In a small-medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and oregano. Pour ¼ cup the mixture over chicken.
(optional) Marinate chicken for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and place into the hot pan. Sear it on both sides until golden brown.
Reduce heat and cover the pan with a lid. Turn the chicken every 5 minutes until it’s cooked through (about 15 minutes in total, cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken). The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
Remove chicken from the pan. Add the sauce mixture and increase heat to medium-high. Cook for about 5 minutes and your sauce should have thickened slightly. (The sauce will thicken more when it cools down)
Add chicken back to the pan and coat it evenly with the sauce.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley, lemon wedges and lemon zest if desired.
Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes with vegetables.
• If you use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs, you will need 3 breasts and cut each in half horizontally. Place breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to flatten them.
• If you’d like to bake the chicken, it’s best to sear the chicken on both sides first until golden brown. Then bake in the oven at 400°F for about 25 minutes until cooked through. Thicken the sauce the same way as the instructions.
• If you’d like to add the vegetables such as Broccoli, you can add them during the last few minutes in your skillet while you are cooking the chicken to save time.