Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
Grilled BBQ pork chops are the perfect meal and so easy to make. The pork marinade adds amazing flavor and makes the chops tender and juicy.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 pork chops bone-in, thick-cut
- 1/3 cup soy sauce reduced sodium recommended
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder or dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper optional
In a deep bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
Add the pork chops to the bowl and turn to coat completely. Optional: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat or about 450°F.
Remove the chops from the marinade and place on the grill. Discard the remaining marinade.
Place the marinated pork chop on the grill. Cover the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Move the chops to indirect heat to cook for 8-15 minutes longer (see note).
Remove the chops to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes, covered lightly with foil. (This allows the juices to retreat back into the meat.) Serve and enjoy!
- Season the chops: Marinating or brining the chops ahead of time will produce the juiciest chops. Marinate them in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the fridge. The chops will be more flavorful and tender from the marinating.
- Cooking time depends on thickness, and I recommend using an instant-read meat thermometer to check doneness. Once the internal temperature reaches the 145°F / 63°C, remove from heat.
||Bone-in pork chops
||Boneless pork chops
|1 ¼ inch
|1 ½ inch
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 837mg | Potassium: 619mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.4mg