Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How Long to Bake Chicken (+Video)
It doesn’t get tastier or healthier than tender and juicy Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans. It’s a simple one-pan wonder dish seasoned with Italian spices and roasted to perfection.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 lb small red potatoes halved
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 lemon sliced into rings
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary optional
- 3/4 lb green beans trimmed
- fresh parsley for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F and set your oven rack to the top half. Set aside a large baking sheet.
Scatter potatoes and tomatoes across the baking sheet. Add chicken breasts in the middle a few inches apart. Rub chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon oil.
Sprinkle minced garlic, oregano and thyme across pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle the rest of olive oil evenly across. Toss to mix well. Place several lemon slices on top of chicken.
Butter a piece of parchment paper, and cover the chicken and vegetables with buttered parchment paper (butter side facing down)
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, adding green beans for the final 10 minutes.
Check doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the middle of the chicken breast. Remove from the oven as soon as it reaches 160°F (71°C). Alternatively, as soon as clear juice starts to seep out of your chicken breasts, it means that they are cooked through. If chicken looks pale, broil for the last 3 minutes.
Let your chicken rest covered with foil for 5-10 minutes before serving to let the juices retreat back into the meat.
- Smaller chicken breasts (4 oz) need to be baked for 18-20 minutes, while larger chicken breasts (8-10 oz) will take 25-30 minutes to bake.
- Add 8-10 minutes of additional baking time if you use bone-in chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 160°F, as the temperature will rise a few degrees during resting.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.9mg