Pulled Pork Sandwich
Pulled Pork Sandwich made with juicy and flavorful pork shoulder roast, smothered in a smoky and sweet barbecue sauce. Serve it on your favorite buns with coleslaw for an unforgettable meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 hrs 20 mins
Total Time8 hrs 35 mins
Pull Pork Rub
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder boneless or bone-in
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Pull Pork Sauce
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 6-8 Hamburger buns
Mix together Rub and season the pork all over with the seasoning. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Place the pork in the slow cooker and add sliced onion, garlic, bbq sauce and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until fork tender (the internal temperature reaches 190ºF)
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and let it rest for about 20 minutes. Then shred it with two forks.
Return shredded pork to the slow cooker and toss with the sauce let it cook on low for about 15 minutes. Then drain the broth and stir in more barbecue sauce if desired
To assemble Pulled Pork Sandwiches, spoon shredded pork onto one half of toasted buns, drizzle with barbecue sauce, top with Coleslaw and cover with the bun tops. Serve warm and enjoy!
- A 6-quart slow cooker is ideal, but any 4-8 quart crock pot will work too.
- If you wish to separate out some of the fat after cooking, you can pour the liquid from the crock pot to a bowl, and chill it in the fridge. There will be a layer of fat formed at the top and you can remove it with a spoon.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 755mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 3.8mg