Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skillet Ham & Potato Casserole
This Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole is made in a skillet for a mouthwatering homestyle meal that everyone will love (picky eaters included). It has layers of baked ham, sliced potatoes and melty cheese with a golden au gratin crust on top!
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 10 slices ham or 2 cups chunks of leftover ham
- 10 slices swiss cheese or cheddar
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese or mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an ovenproof skillet.
Peel the potatoes and slice to about 1/8-inch thickness using a mandolin or chef's knife.
Add a single layer of potatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Then add a single layer of sliced ham followed by slicing cheese.
Repeat with a layers of potatoes, ham and then cheese to fill up the skillet, finishing with the potatoes. Top with the minced parsley and shredded cheese (which will create the au gratin crust in the oven).
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Pour evenly over the top of the casserole.
Place the skillet in the oven to bake until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 40-45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make Ahead: You can make this recipe up to three days ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Alternatively, it freezes well tightly-wrapped for up to 3 months.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 901mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1165IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 659mg | Iron: 2.5mg