Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Shrimp
This Instant Pot Shrimp is a delicious dinner idea with sticky and sweet honey garlic flavors everyone will love.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For the Shrimp
- 1 lb frozen raw shrimp (454g) extra jumbo size 16/20, shell on
- 1 cup water (237ml)
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (10ml)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (8g) minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger (8g) minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
(79ml) low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup honey (59ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (2.5g) mixed with 1 tsp water - optional
- green onion minced - optional
Cook the Shrimp
Place a steamer basket into the Instant Pot. Add water and shrimp and then lock the cover.
Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cooking or “Manual”. Then set Pressure to “High” and adjust time to 0 minutes. The cycle will start after a few moments.
Wait for the pressure cycle to complete, about 10-15 minutes. You can get the honey garlic sauce ingredients ready during this time.
Once the cycle is complete, carefully open the Quick Release, observing the manufacturer's safety directions. Steam will come out of the vent along with some splatter.
When no more steam comes out, it will be safe to open the lid. Remove the steamer
and set the cooked shrimp aside. Drain the cooking liquid.
Make the Honey Garlic Sauce
Set the Instant Pot to “Saute”.
Add the vegetable oil followed by the garlic and ginger. When fragrant 30-60 seconds later, add the soy sauce and honey.
Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a minute or two to thicken slightly, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
Optional: mix in the cornstarch-water slurry stirring constantly for a sticky sauce.
Add the shrimp to the sauce and toss gently to coat. Remove to a serving plate and garnish with optional green onion.
- If you are doubling or tripling this recipe, then increase the cook time from 0 minutes to to 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice and a green vegetable like broccoli. Or put it out on its own for a KETO Instant Pot recipe that works as an appetizer or main.
- Make it a gluten-free: Use gluten-free soy sauce or substitute coconut aminos.
- For thawed shrimp (any size): use your Instant Pot’s Sauté function and cook as on a stovetop until tender.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1594mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 3mg