Garlic Butter Shrimp with Parsley
Fragrant garlic butter shrimp made in a skillet with fresh parsley.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
If your shrimp are fresh, pat them dry with paper towel before cooking. If still frozen, thaw quickly by placing them in a colander and let the cold tap water run through. It might take about 15 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
Add minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring with a wooden spoon.
Add defrosted shrimp, and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Cook until shrimp starts to turn pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat
Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley. Stir until butter is melted.
Add back shrimp and coat it with the sauce thoroughly. Check the flavor and add more salt or pepper if needed. Garnish with lemon wedges and more chopped parsley. Serve with rice or paste, and enjoy!
- The most important step for making this dish successfully is to get the perfect shrimp texture. And the key to these succulent and flavorful shrimp is NOT to overcook them. Watch the shrimp constantly to avoid them becoming rubbery and tough.
- Try to use fresh lemon juice and fresh garlic instead of store-bought lemon juice and garlic powder to get that fragrant flavor on these sautéed shrimp.
- Make it Low-carb: replace the butter with olive oil.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 412mg | Sodium: 1187mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 2030IU | Vitamin C: 42.2mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 4.6mg