Homemade Taco Seasoning
This Homemade Taco Seasoning is so easy to make and you only need a few simple ingredients. The flavor is so much richer than the store-bought packet. Make it in advance and store for up to 6 months!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder optional
In a mason jar, add chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, onion powder, and salt & pepper
Cover with the lid and shake to mix well.
Use immediately or store for up to 6 months in a cool and dry place.
- Use 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix per pound of meat.
- You can add 1/3 cup of water to ground meat. Water will make the meat tender and moist.
- Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch if there are excess juices from the meat. The cornstarch will thicken them into a delicious taco sauce.
- You can make taco seasoning mix in a batch ahead of time. Be sure to label the container with a date and store for no more than 6 months in an airtight container.
Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.5mg