Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Teriyaki Salmon (with Video)
This 20 Minute Easy Teriyaki Salmon is flaky, juicy and pan-fried to perfection with 4 ingredient homemade Teriyaki Sauce. It’s the easiest, most flavorful teriyaki salmon you’ll ever eat. A simple and quick healthy weeknight dinner option. Plus video recipe!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds salmon fillets 4 fillets, with skin on
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup white wine see note
- 1/2 cup soy sauce regular or low-sodium
- 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 4 slices fresh ginger Optional
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mirin, white wine, soy sauce, sugar and fresh ginger to make the teriyaki sauce.
Pat dry your salmon fillets with paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat, and add the salmon fillets skin-side down. Note: oil is not required if you are using a nonstick pan.
Cover the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Remove the lid from the skillet, flip the salmon fillets and pour the teriyaki sauce. Turn the heat to high, let the sauce boil. In the mean time, spooning the sauce onto the salmon to coat evenly. It will take another 3-4 minutes for the salmon to be cooked through (the time varies based on the thickness of your fillet).
Remove salmon to serving plates, while allowing sauce to continue boiling another minute or so until thickening.
Spoon or brush thickened sauce onto salmon as a final glaze.
Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!
- Sake is the classic ingredient for teriyaki, although dry white vermouth is an excellent substitute. Alternatively dry white cooking wine or non-alcoholic wine will work.
- Mirin is worth buying for amazing teriyaki flavor, and you can get it online or in most larger supermarkets next to other Asian sauces.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1350mg | Potassium: 1011mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2.1mg