Fried Cookie Dough Bites
Deep Fried Cookie Dough is a mouthwatering dessert that's crispy on the outside, but soft and melty on the inside, with intense cookie dough flavors.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 24 servings
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter softened (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
Line a medium baking sheet with parchment or wax paper, and a plate with paper towels.
In a medium bowl, cream butter with sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and chocolate chips until blended.
Scoop into 1 ½ inch (4 cm) balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
Freeze the balls for 15-30 minutes while you make the batter.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Add milk and oil and whisk until smooth.
Add 2 inches of oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 375°F (191°C).
Dip four cookie balls into batter and gently drop into hot oil. Fry 1-2 minutes per side until golden and remove to prepared plate. Repeat for remaining balls in batches of 2-3.
Drizzle with optional topping and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- You can substitute storebought cookie dough for this recipe, but still freeze for 15-30 minutes before coating.
- You can make the batter from pancake mix instead of homemade if you wish. Follow the instructions on the package.
Serving: 40g | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.7mg