Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Apple Pie Tacos Recipe
These easy Apple Pie Tacos have a delicious cinnamon sugary apple filling in a crispy and sweet taco, drizzled with caramel sauce, and then topped with whipped cream!
Prep Time14 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 25 tacos
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce optional
- whipped cream optional
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla. Repeat until you have about 20 in total.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Place one tortilla circle into the bowl and toss until coated. Repeat for the remaining circles.
Flip the muffin tin upside down. Insert one tortilla piece in between every two muffin cups until all tacos are in place.
Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden.
Meanwhile, mix the chopped apples with lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
Place a skillet on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
Remove tacos from oven and spoon apple mixture into them. Top with optional caramel sauce and whipped cream to serve.
- * You can substitute a canned apple pie filling if you wish. Use a 21-ounce can and chop roughly into pieces before use.
- Make ahead tip: You can bake the taco shells and prepare the filling one day in advance. When it's time to serve, warm the filling and assemble the tacos.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg