Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious crock pot meals. Succulent chicken and vegetables simmer in a mouthwatering honey garlic sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium (see note)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- fresh parsley chopped, for serving optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Cornstarch Slurry (Optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, oregano and ketchup.
Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onions to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
Pour the honey garlic sauce mixture evenly on top.
Cover the slow cooker and seal the lid. Cook on a LOW setting for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-3 1/2 hours (see note).
About 20 minutes before serving, add the green beans to the slow cooker and optional cornstarch slurry to the sauce.
Re-seal the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes more until the green beans are tender and the sauce is starting to thicken.
Remove the chicken and vegetables to serving plates using a slotted spoon. Optional: Broil the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes to brown the skin.
Drizzle sauce on top of chicken and vegetables. Garnish with optional minced parsley.
- Use a quality soy sauce brand such as Kikkoman or San-J to get the best results. Low-grade soy sauce will affect the flavor of the dish.
- Due to variations among crock pot brands, check doneness at the early end of the time range.
- For a healthier option, pour the sauce into a fat separator before adding cornstarch. Separate out the fat and use only the remaining liquid for the thickening step.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave on medium power. Do not freeze.
Serving: 400g | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 971mg | Potassium: 1941mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 20030IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 5.3mg