Mango Cheesecake Charlotte
Mango Cheesecake Charlotte is an irresistible no bake dessert with a ladyfinger crust, creamy cheesecake filling and a mango glaze on top. It’s a refreshing make-ahead dessert bursting with fruity flavor and perfect for a party. Plus video tutorial!
Sometimes we need a dessert to brighten our day, and with fresh mangos available year-round, this irresistible mango cheesecake is the answer, along with Mango Panna Cotta of course!
Try making this no-bake dessert is perfect for a special occasion like Mother’s Day, holiday parties, Easter or summer reunions. One of my in-laws is a mango-lover and always asks me for this dessert.
On the outside, it’s a French-style charlotte cake made with ladyfingers, the same kind used for tiramisu. They’re ideal because a traditional graham cracker crust doesn’t go well with mangos.
Inside it’s a creamy cheesecake filling with chunks of fresh mango. And on top, there’s a homemade jello mango glaze to hold it all together. So it’s not exactly diet food, but for a festive touch at a party, you can’t go wrong. Are we drooling yet?
HOW TO MAKE MANGO CHEESECAKE
To make it, you need to buy ladyfingers from the grocery store. It doesn’t matter what shape or size they are. Dip them in some liquid such as mango juice diluted with water, and line them along the inside edge and bottom of a 9-10 inch springform pan.
Then make some cheesecake filling with chunks of ripe mango added in. You can buy chunks of fresh mango at many supermarkets, or peel and dice them yourself. Frozen mango will work fine too.
Once the filling is in then put the cake int he fridge to chill while you make the jello glaze. It’s just leftover mango juice, unflavored gelatin or agar agar, some liqueur of choice (optional) and water.
Once it’s cool, pour over the back of a spoon to dribble onto the mango cheesecake filling:
Make sure you keep this dessert chilled until serving, and use a sharp knife to cut through the cheesecake. It’s generally best to serve on the bottom of the springform pan, as it can be difficult to move it off.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE MANGO CHEESECAKE:
No Bake Mango Cheesecake (with Video)
- 1 1/2 lb ladyfingers
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large mangos, cubed, juices reserved
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 oz gelatin powder, or agar agar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp rum, or triple sec, optional
- whipped cream
- fresh mint sprigs
- fresh berries
- Peel and dice mangos, reserving leftover juices in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and sugar together into a thick cheesecake pudding. Fold in mango chunks.
- Dip each ladyfinger quickly into the reserved juice, and place around the edge of the springform pan. Then line the bottom of the pan the same way.
- Pour mango mixture into springform pan, using a spatula to spread evenly until flat. Rap pan gently on work surface to flatten. Chill while making the finish.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top of leftover juice, and wait one minute. Mix in boiling water and rum/triple sec, stirring slowly for one minute. Set aside 15 minutes to cool.
- Once gelatin mixture is at room temperature to lukewarm, slowly pour over the back of a spoon to cover the cheesecake mixture completely.
- Chill for one hour. Garnish with optional whipped cream, berries and mint. Serve and enjoy!
- You can use fresh mangos or frozen mango pieces for this recipe.
- Recipe adapted from Fourchette et Bikini
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
More cheesecake recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad In Pineapple Boats
- Ladyfinger Cheesecake Charlotte
- Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Ring
View all cheesecake recipes
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.