Mac and Cheese Bread Bowl
This Mac and Cheese Bread Bowl is a copycat of the menu item at Panera Bread so you can skip the takeout. It’s a fabulous way to serve mac and cheese for a satisfying lunch or dinner idea!
Mac and Cheese is so delicious although can benefit from creative serving ideas. Here we’ve made a copycat of the Mac and Cheese Bread Bowl from Panera Bread restaurants, so you can make it at home.
Using some hacks like making pasta in the microwave, we’ve got the total preparation time down to about 15 minutes. It’s a meal by itself!
You can use your favorite round bread loaf from the bakery or supermarket. Sourdough is the classic, but white works well too.
Watch How to Make Mac and Cheese Bread Bowl:
Broccoli Mac and Cheese in a Bread Bowl
- 2 round bread loaves, 6-8 inch size
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen broccoli
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Make the bread bowl by slicing off the top with a serrated knife. Remove the insides of the bread with your fingers.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add pasta, water and salt.
- Microwave in 2-minute intervals until cooked.
- Pour in the milk and garlic powder and mix.
- Stir in the cheese and thawed broccoli and microwave for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese into the bread bowl and top with optional red pepper flakes or desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more bread bowl recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.