Chocolate dipped kiwi pops are a refreshing summer treat and everyone can make their own toppings. These popsicles are perfect for outdoor parties when the weather’s hot, and they’re family friendly with fresh kiwi fruit and no added sugar. So good!
Get ready for a fun DIY idea that you can make in minutes! These kiwi popsicles are dipped in two kinds of chocolate and then have toppings pressed on. It’s like a healthy version of ice cream that won’t drip everywhere! And the taste is both creamy and tart – our guests always love them!
Kiwis are the national fruit of New Zealand, where they’re called kiwi fruits. In addition to being a healthy substitute for sugary popsicles, kiwis are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, minerals and more. So it’s a fun way to get kids to eat some fresh fruit in exchange for a bit of chocolate. Deal!
To make these these kiwi pops, try to buy the largest kiwis you can find to get the best look. Peel and slide the kiwis according to the recipe and then insert popsicle sticks. Then put them in the freezer, as they’ll need to be cold to make the chocolate to harden later on.
While they’re freezing, you can melt your chocolate and organize your toppings. We’ve suggested nuts, crumbled cookies, nonpareil sprinkles and candies, but use whatever you prefer! And definitely get your kids involved in making them too.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Chocolate Dipped Kiwi Pops (with Video)
- 3 large kiwi fruits
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- crushed nuts
- Oreo cookies crumbled
- pretzels crumbled
- decorating sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside along with popsicle sticks.
- Peel kiwis, and slice widthwise into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each kiwi slice. Place on baking sheet and freeze 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, add white chocolate and 2 tsp coconut oil. Microwave in 30-sec intervals until melted.
- In another small bowl, add semisweet chocolate and 2 tsp coconut oil. Microwave in 30-sec intervals until melted.
- Dip a kiwi pop in the white chocolate and immediately press several toppings of choice into the chocolate, which will harden fairly quickly. Place back onto baking sheet and repeat 3 more times.
- Repeat the previous step for the remaining kiwi pops with semisweet chocolate.
- Serve right away or place in freezer until serving. Enjoy!
Check out our Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles too: