With St Patrick’s Day approaching on March 17th, make these easy Brownie Cupcakes to celebrate. They are so cute and have a pot-of-gold surprise hiding inside!
They are easy to make with your favorite brownie mix and icing. You can find the edible gold sprinkles at any cake decorating store and sometimes at the supermarket. But we often just order them online to save time shopping around. Shamrock decorations are also fun to put on top!
If you’re going to a parade or party elsewhere, these cupcakes travel nicely. Just chill them for several hours to let the frosting firm up, and pack them in an airtight container. People have so much fun eating them on the day!
Don’t forget that kids will love helping to make this recipe.
Video: Brownie Cupcakes for St Patrick’s Day
Watch our quick tutorial to see how to make them:
Surprise Brownie Cupcakes for St Patrick's Day
- 1 box brownie mix
- ingredients called for on brownie mix box
- 1 tube White frosting
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- edible gold-colored sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to instructions on the box. Pour evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes and remove from the pan. Meanwhile, make the green frosting in a small bowl by mixing the white icing with several drops of green food coloring.
- Once cool, create a 1/2-inch depression in each brownie using the end of a whisk. Fill each with about a teaspoon of gold sprinkles. Then pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Serve and enjoy!
For more St Patrick’s Day desserts, try our irresistible Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes for St Patrick’s Day recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here